1. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Advertisement
    scotty85 likes this.
  2. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

3. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the same update which has HDR CAMERA mode inadvertently missing. (SEE the general HTC ONE FORUM, North American Update(s) thread).

T-Mobile HTC One update loses HDR camera settings in error, fix coming as soon as possible | Android Central

Not a biggie to me, but, may be to others. May wanna hold off updating & wait for the revised update w/o the FUBAR.....

EDIT/UPDATE:

HTC didn't waste any time fixing the HDR omission:

Fixed camera app update now available for the T-Mobile HTC One | Android Central
    scotty85 likes this.
  4. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

just an FYI... after i couldnt get the t mobile ruu to run,i started pokin around and found that is a universal problem. figures when they finally release an RUU its broken :mad:

dont be afraid to tweet at or email htc,they do not believe there is an issue with the file itseld. :rolleyes:
  5. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

I'm sure they'll get it fixed in the next couple days
  6. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

lets hope! :D
  7. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

bayou bandit and scotty85 like this.
  8. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

downloading now. this one is a few MB bigger... fingers crossed :D
  9. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Am I correct to assume I can use this with my S-Off AT&T model without fear. I extracted the rom.zip for future use.

If you could Scott would you post the exact steps I would take to install this and how to get back to where I am now if I so desired.
  10. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

yup. will work fine on an AT&T model. put rom.zip into your adb/fastboot folder,and flash from fastboot,in the following manner:

-boot to fastboot
    adb reboot bootloader

-check for connectivity again
    fastboot devices

-flash the file
    fastboot erase cache

fastboto oem rebootRUU (will put you in ruu mode,black screen silver htc letters)

fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip (will send and flash the file. dont interupt it while the cmd window shows its writinging,and the green status bar is moving on the phone screen)

*sometimes a file will fail with a pre-update error. this is normal,just enter again:
    fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip
    and this time it will finish

-when you get "finished" and "OK"
    fastboot reboot-bootloader (takes you back to fastboot)

-reboot back to the OS
    fastbooot reboot

you can also just run the .exe with the phone in fastboot,RUU mode,or the booted OS
    Pythe and clsA like this.
  11. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

scotty85 likes this.
  12. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

also i should mention... make sure you back up your entire sd card,as running an ruu will prolly wipe it clean. i havent run any on my t mobile version,but every time i ran an ruu on my international version i had to put everything back :mad:
  13. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Yeah any firmware or ruu that include dzdata files wipe everything. You could cook up your own version of RUU using the decrypted rom.zip and remove the dzdata - hboot - recovery and not worry about the full wipe or the updated hboot that doesn't work with revone. Of corse you wouldn't be able to get OTA using this method though.
  14. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i whipped up a "rescue" file for an s on member,wich only included boot,system,and recovery. when i tested this file,it also completely wiped my sd,much to my surprise :eek:

it may have been a fluke,since that was an international m7_u,but id back everything up just in case :)
    clsA likes this.
  15. madscyentist

madscyentist Member

Hey guys.. whats up? I'm kind of new to this HTC One M7 community and had a question... what are RUU's? can someone elaborate a bit on S-off and what not? I'm coming from an S3 and there's a huge difference for me with HTC now.
  16. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

RUU = Rom Update Utility
    S-OFF = Security Off = you can flash any RUU and have more risk of messing up your phone.
    Still S-OFF is recommended because of the freedom to switch to RUU not meant for your device. And HTC will patch the ability to s-off so do it while you still can before taking an update OTA (over the air).

your in the right place just read then read some more you'll learn it quickly
    scotty85 likes this.
  17. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

i strayed from htc once... to a galaxy nexus that i wanted to love since it was googles proprietary device(at the time),but i had a hard time getting used to how things work with samsung,so i wasnt gone for long :p

it is different for sure,just holler if you have questions :)
  18. livingcatalyst

livingcatalyst New Member

So I cannot get this RUU exe to work. I consistently get Error 155 and I have tried unlocking and relocking the bootloader. My device is T-Mobile USA HTC one S-on and I'd like to have a working RUU to return to stock with. I was really hoping this was my answer.

Any suggestions to get this thing working? Or could I just flash the unedited decrypted rom zip posted about and get the same effect?
  19. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

unfortunately,you cannot run the decrypted ruu while s on,since it does not have htcs signiture.

typically error 155 is solved by simply starting the utility with the phone in fastboot,rather than the booted OS.

if you still have prollems,you can extract rom.zip in this manner:

if you have trouble finding rom.zip,ive uploaded it to shipped roms: Shipped ROMs

you can flash rom.zip in this manner:
    -relock the bootloader by running the following with the phone plugged in and in fastboto mode:
    fastboot oem lock

then:
    livingcatalyst likes this.
  20. livingcatalyst

Thanks so much for the info. I really appreciate it. I was able to saved myself some trouble and get the RUU exe working. I had Avast anti theft installed as a root application and I forgot it set the internal device memory to read only. Uninstalled and unrooted that app and boom, exe. worked like a charm.
  21. livingcatalyst

Did download the zip file, just in case the exe gets stubborn in the future
  22. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

I need help.

How do I found out what version I have?

I got it rooted but still on s-on.
  23. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

reboot phone to the bootloader plug in to PC then from your folder with fastboot open command prompt and type
    "fastboot getvar all" and hit enter

about 6 lines down
    (bootloader) version-main: 1.26.502.15

you should get S-Off before messing with any firmware updates though .. I recommend Revone
    scotty85 likes this.
  24. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

defiantely do s off first. 1.27.31.11 does still contain 1.44 hboot,something else in the firmware patches the known exploits.

what trouble are you having with your phone? im sure we can get you back to a working device so you can s off.
    chong67 likes this.
  25. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

Thanks Scotty.

I have no choice but to do s-off. I'll get s-off first. My firmware and radio need update as I check and it is the older version. Shoot ...