• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile says Outlook Tasks sync?

Well, in Settings>Accounts and Sync>Auto Sync>Add Account, there is an option to sync with MS Exchange Active Sync. MS Active Sync does not support all features of MS Outlook. Starting with Vista, Active Sync was replaced with "Windows Mobile Device Center." I am not an MS hater, but my college uses their cloud based MS Outlook Live server and it is a poor mashup of Windows Exchange Server and web-based email. I have ported all of my (5) email addresses to my main Gmail inbox. This has allowed me to leave Outlook behind, and all I can say is good riddance! I have converted many of my friends, who come to me for support issues with Outlook (in all of its incarnations,) and none of them have looked back and said that they miss all the issues and unnecessary complexities and vagaries of Outlook. I suggest you consider the same. If you are resolute in wanting to stick with Outlook, please tell me what you perceive to be the value, or advantage, in doing so. The G2 syncs with Google contacts, calendar, documents and so on and so forth so seamlessly it has no rival... I hope this helps, please let me know.

Upvote 0
Well, in Settings>Accounts and Sync>Auto Sync>Add Account, there is an option to sync with MS Exchange Active Sync. MS Active Sync does not support all features of MS Outlook. Starting with Vista, Active Sync was replaced with "Windows Mobile Device Center." I am not an MS hater, but my college uses their cloud based MS Outlook Live server and it is a poor mashup of Windows Exchange Server and web-based email. I have ported all of my (5) email addresses to my main Gmail inbox. This has allowed me to leave Outlook behind, and all I can say is good riddance! I have converted many of my friends, who come to me for support issues with Outlook (in all of its incarnations,) and none of them have looked back and said that they miss all the issues and unnecessary complexities and vagaries of Outlook. I suggest you consider the same. If you are resolute in wanting to stick with Outlook, please tell me what you perceive to be the value, or advantage, in doing so. The G2 syncs with Google contacts, calendar, documents and so on and so forth so seamlessly it has no rival... I hope this helps, please let me know.

Thanks for your advice and taking the time to post this.

I

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones