• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root T-Mobile SM-G360T with Android 5.1.1

Dunard

Nov 12, 2015
I having a problem getting the ROOT install on this version. I had to use KingROOT because of the others will not install correct. The others will freezes up my boot screen and causes my phone making noises. The problem with the KingROOT is the su doesn't have all the supports. For example. SD Maid Pro refused to fully clean up my phone.

Also the Apps2SD doesn't support the KingROOT fully. It told me that I need the Chainfire's latest SuperSU in order to move the obb and data over onto the sdcard. SuperSU/SuperSU Pro doesn't even work fully and can't installing the su file.

I think the Dev need to update the su for the T-Mobile SM-G360T with Android 5.1.1 and other phones that have this kind of issue. Maybe have two different downloads just in case one of those doesn't work. Some people had to use the KingROOT and missing out the extra su supports.

Anyway I'm complaining because there is no su fully supports for this version at this time.

Samsung and T-Mobile did a good job on the protections. No telling who all trying to protect their retail phones.

Last edited:
I having a problem getting the ROOT install on this version. I had to use KingROOT because of the others will not install correct. The others will freezes up my boot screen and causes my phone making noises. The problem with the KingROOT is the su doesn't have all the supports. For example. SD Maid Pro refused to fully clean up my phone.

Also the Apps2SD doesn't support the KingROOT fully. It told me that I need the Chainfire's latest SuperSU in order to move the obb and data over onto the sdcard. SuperSU/SuperSU Pro doesn't even work fully and can't installing the su file.

I think the Dev need to update the su for the T-Mobile SM-G360T with Android 5.1.1 and other phones that have this kind of issue. Maybe have two different downloads just in case one of those doesn't work. Some people had to use the KingROOT and missing out the extra su supports.

Anyway I'm complaining because there is no su fully supports for this version at this time.

Samsung and T-Mobile did a good job on the protections. No telling who all trying to protect their retail phones.
use this kernel, it works for both SM-G360T and SM-G360T1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...t/root-kernel-root-method-fog6-5-1-1-t3178077

1) before starting, go to developers option and enable OEM unlocking (same with USB debugging)
2) make sure to backup your phone somehow...
3) put phone into download mode (turn off phone, then turn on by holding: Vol.down+home butt.+lock butt.)
4) get odin, and put in the kernel in AP slot
5) when ready, press start
6) wait until sign has a green layer saying "passed" (you can remove the cable right after that)
7) enjoy root

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones