[T-Mobile] Someone please help

Last Updated:

1. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

I just rooted my phone using the steps by galaxys4root.com when done I got the super su to up date but it now says there is no su binary installed and cannot install it this is a problem that is what it says does anyone know why or how do I fix it the phone says I am rooted but titanium backup says it's not

Please help someone thanks a bunch

Advertisement
  2. xXchrizhurtyXx

xXchrizhurtyXx Well-Known Member

Can I get some more info
    What's your baseband, what's your Android version.
    willdo likes this.
  3. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

My baseband is m919UVUAMDL
  4. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Android version 4.2.2
  5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Can you get into the recovery if so flash a superuser apk . u only get one chance so put the app on your SD card to flash. Post back if u need the Su apk
    willdo likes this.
  6. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Yes I am going to need the su apk
  7. BRAINZ2013

Which super user the regular Su or the super Su . what device
    willdo likes this.
  8. BRAINZ2013

9. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Regular su. t-mobile Samsung galaxyS4
  10. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Ok I will give it a shot thanks a bunch for your help
  11. BRAINZ2013

We both think alike this method works wonders
    willdo likes this.
  12. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Got one more question what happens to the old super su that I have installed .when I flash the new one will the old one go away I just don't want to brick the device . If that is what bricking means
  13. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I was in a tunnel so I missed your posts :cool::thumbup:
  14. Rxpert83

The device won't brick. It should uninstall the old su, but if not you just uninstall it
  15. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Just need to know what to do with the old super su
  16. BRAINZ2013

Use the new super Su apk settings to move to the new super Su apk so that will delete the old one and now your still rooted
  17. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Ok bare with me i am a little confused so i just down load the super su app onto my sd card then open it go into settings and switch super su apps the old one will then be deleted and i am rooted??
  18. BRAINZ2013

OK some devices if u are at the point where u was your device will either lose root or just boot loop this would be known as a brick. Now you was saved . now you open the settings menu on the super Su app. Scroll down to the setting and you will see a option or you can let it do it on its own just read the pop ups
  19. Rxpert83

The file I linked to is flashable in recovery
  20. BRAINZ2013

Did u flash and how many Su apps in your app draw
  21. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Ok guys this is not working for me i was already using the Super SU app by chainfire I don't know what to do. the phone still works though so that's good well Thank again for all your help I really appreciate it :thumbup::thumbup: I quess I will re flash the recovery with a new recovery and try it again probely what you are telling me to do.no I have not flashed it yet and just the one su app in the app draw sense I have no idea what I am doing but it sounded easy thanks again I will let you know
  22. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Ok i am not trying to aggravate you but what does flash able in recovery mean? Does it mean I can put the phone in recovery mode and it will have an option then flash a new su really new at this trying my best to understand
  23. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes, flashable from recovery means just that: you can flash it (install it) using a custom recovery.
    willdo, BRAINZ2013 and Rxpert83 like this.
  24. willdo

willdo Well-Known Member

Ok i am sorry guys i am trying to get this correct in my head before i apply it to the phone again a user installs a custom recovery this means that the user is able to then add or remove such things like the rom or in my case the super su app? Correct me please If I am wrong but that would mean all I have to flash is the super su app? Not the recovery itself just the su app? Then the new su binary should have been installed giving me root?