T-Mobile threaten to axe 500 jobs

Last Updated:

1. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

More than 500 call centre jobs could be lost in the UK after mobile phone giant T-Mobile announced plans to move work to the Philippines.
    The decision also affects all 118 staff based at the firm's call centre in Greenock and 100 jobs in Yorkshire. full article here

Advertisement
  2. mmikeyy

mmikeyy Member

Great, so basically they're call centres will get even worse. My last encounter with them, i was hung up on. So now I have the possibility of getting someone who can barely speak English AND getting hung up on.

Wonderful, just wonderful.

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

And we can be sure they are not relocating those people to the Phillippines !!!

4. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Well, luckily, I only have to call T-Mobile once every 2-3 years. I've been a customer for over 9 years now and I've called customer care maybe 5 times.

5. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

Calls have been sent overseas for a while now. More complicated call types will be kept in the UK centres.

6. Raging

Raging Active Member

From what I heard, T-mobile UK and T-mobile USA are two different companies. The UK one basically uses T-mobiles name because there is no current competition in the UK. So I guess this won't be affecting the USA Call Centers :)

7. slave1

slave1 Well-Known Member

I guess you heard wrong. Both are wholy owned subsidiaries of Deuche Telekom

8. ManLike

ManLike Well-Known Member

Very strange. TMo's customer service is the ONE overriding thing that keeps me with them. I had AT&T, never again. Verizon removes features from phones to sell services to replace them, they will NEVER get my money. That leaves Sprint, who I've heard some bad things about, but also heard some good things about.

Well my point is that TMo has always had quality customer service for me, I'm surprised by their decision to off-shore in the UK and hope they don't do so in the US.