T-Mobile UK desire FroYo update

Last Updated:

1. iain_pi

iain_pi New Member This Topic's Starter

T-Mobile have finally released their HTC Sense update for the desire this morning. I've been waiting months for this.

Everything seemed to go fine on the update, it auto backed up eveything to the sd card and on updating all apps were displayed on the home screens as before.

I have a problem now though - my interent browser keeps crashing when loading pages. It displays most of the page and reaches about 95% but then closes back to the home screen.

I haven't done much to the phone other than installing apps and it generally worked before the update

Using webkit 3.1 browser and tried pages such as failblog, gizmodo and androidforums.

Any others with this problem??

Sorry if any is repeated in another post

Advertisement
  2. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

I've only had one problem with the browser crashing (standard over WiFi) and that was loading the BBC Sport Football League Two page. I've loaded everything else fine and been able to play BBC Sport video files.

3. LincsBri

LincsBri Member

Not had any problems surfing the net,using my phone to post here and can browse any site so far

4. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Apparently the BBC Site was a bug. All other browsing has been fine.

5. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problem yet. I'll do some more expensive later and report back.

6. Nathan Baxter

Nathan Baxter Active Member

Seems to work ok after finally getting past the T-Mobile advertising.

Turned my Stocks & RSS feeds back on and reset my screenlock time, but other than that everything seems to be the same.

Appears to work faster. No trouble so far with Dolphin Browser :D

Graphic while updating was nice.

--------------

Additional after a day:

They shifted my colon (a phrase I never thought I'd type) on the keypad & added a voice key; my photo frame pics had to be reset 'cos they gained a grey border; a couple of icons shifted position & text size (restart fixed that); the txt message input box has changed. Everything else seems smoother & faster.

7. 325i

325i Well-Known Member

I had a similar problem, to me it was only happening on sites where there was flash content or lots of pictures.

I solved it by installing the latest flash software from the market.

8. alan hanson

alan hanson Well-Known Member

i cant seem to get on the cricket live text commentary never had a problem before 2.2 now if goes to the bbc page and then just closes the browser!!!!! sodding 2.2 great update which buggers your phone up nice one

plus it wont even go anywhere near the sky sports website. whats gone wrong?

9. alan_g

alan_g New Member

internet seems to be fine on mine after updating, not tried the bbc or sky though

10. thugacation

thugacation Active Member

My Internet browser randomly crashes as well. Switched to Dolphin HD for now

Use cricinfo or cricbuzz

11. siliconglen

siliconglen Member

Seems to be fine for me.