T-Mobile UK G2 Touch USB cable confusion

Last Updated:

1. Plymouthbiker

Plymouthbiker Active Member

Is it me? I have a G2 touch UK and the USB cable that plugs into the phone end has not got a mini usb port but rather something shaped like it but not quite the same. Tried a usb to mini usb adapter on it and it wouldn't fit. What connection is it? It's not micro usb either.

Really confused. :confused:

2. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

A normal mini USB should fit, but you have to get it exactly lined up.
  3. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

I use a normal miniUSB at work, most (if not all) HTC phones are like it
  4. Plymouthbiker

Plymouthbiker Active Member

Ahhhh. LOL!

I looked at it and due to the odd shape thought it wouldn't fit. Just tried it and yeah it works.

Haha. Feel stupid now.

Thanks for the help. :)
  5. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

No problem, I was exactly the same when I picked up my HTC Touch Pro. I went over to XDA and was like "Where can I get a charging cable?", they all told me mini-USB is fine and I kept saying "But my socket is a totally differant shape, mayby they have a differant plug in Europe?".... I felt like a numpty when I realised it fit anyway! :eek:
  6. digger

digger Active Member

It's an ExtUSB connector, most HTC phones have them, and it's an internal HTC standard. It has the usual pinouts for USB, plus extra connectors for audio (so you can plug a hands-free kit directly into that port).

XDADeveloperWiki - Ext USB

It was pretty obselete from the day it was conceived as most hands-free kits are bluetooth now.