T-Mobile UK has posted on their forum that the much anticipated Android 2.2 update for Samsung GalaxGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. commenter01

commenter01 Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member

I no longer own the phone but hope you guys get Froyo and a real GPS fix soon...

3. TDQuiksilver

TDQuiksilver Well-Known Member

Pretty sad if true. Motorola and HTC are making Samsung look like a bunch of amateurs.

4. emuneee

emuneee Well-Known Member

This is old news. The update was delayed from the end of September to the end of October...for T Mobile UK anyway. It was only delayed once

5. mikosNZ

mikosNZ New Member

Did you even look at the date of that article? Its almost a fortnight old..

6. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

This forum has an unbelievable amount of crap on it sometimes. The initial delay TM mentioned was two weeks.

That is just about up now with no update. Obviously there's not going to be one any time soon but TM haven't had the courtesy to apologize for their latest broken promise.

7. bigdyl69

bigdyl69 Member

Samsung are being laughed at by just about everyone in the Android community now and I'm almost regretting getting the Galaxy S last month. Its one thing having the most powerful handset available but when it's being out-dated by 'lesser' handsets and all we get is a load of false promises from Samsung and god knows who else then it clearly shows Samsung's lack of support for the community of devoted followers for the SGS. I know they're probably trying to iron out bugs and make sure its all right but everyone else has had their Froyo updates out for a while now while we are all getting left in last century because Samsung can't be bothered to pull their fingers from up their back doors and get a software development team in that can deliver.

Sorry, rant over

8. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

the lack of update doesn't bother me as im very happy with my device, its the fact we aren't getting what were due and promised!
    Once running froyo its going to beast the handset up and that annoys me that we are not getting 100% out of the hardware we chose!

9. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

It's not the lack of Froyo that bothers me, it's the decision that they clearly made to not include fixes for the many issues in an Eclair patch.

10. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

cOld news. Closing down thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.