T-Mobile Unlocked 4G Phone on 4G Plan?Support

Last Updated:

1. grishamblake

grishamblake New Member

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, so if someone knows where else I can post this to get a better/more specific answer, please let me know :)

Anyway, I recently bought an HTC One S Unlocked on eBay (it's actually the white, 64gb one made in Taiwan, but it's unlocked GSM, so it doesn't matter). Anyway, I bought a T-Mobile micro SIM card and put it in the phone and signed up for the $30 Monthly 4G plan on T-Mobile (100 min/unlimited text/unlimited web (5GB on 4G)). When I had set everything up and turned on mobile data, my phone was only running on EDGE. Obviously, that's not what I had envisioned when I bought the phone (which can run up to HSPA+). Is there anyway to get the network to change over to HSPA+? I mean I'm not even getting 3G service haha. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again guys! Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!

i moved you to the htc one s forum. folks here should be able to help you better as they will be more familiar with your device.

i for one am not familiar with it so i can't be of much help.
  3. emc1

emc1 Member

Hi and welcome,
    You need to program the phone for Internet and mms of t-mobile, in other words add a new APN or Acces Point Name.
    If you google "t-mobile us android apn settings" you will see that is very easy to add a new apn to your phone.
    ocnbrze likes this.