Support T-Mobile Unlocked 4G Phone on 4G Plan?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by grishamblake, Jan 31, 2013.

1. grishamblake

grishamblake New Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Hey everyone, this is my first post here, so if someone knows where else I can post this to get a better/more specific answer, please let me know :)

Anyway, I recently bought an HTC One S Unlocked on eBay (it's actually the white, 64gb one made in Taiwan, but it's unlocked GSM, so it doesn't matter). Anyway, I bought a T-Mobile micro SIM card and put it in the phone and signed up for the $30 Monthly 4G plan on T-Mobile (100 min/unlimited text/unlimited web (5GB on 4G)). When I had set everything up and turned on mobile data, my phone was only running on EDGE. Obviously, that's not what I had envisioned when I bought the phone (which can run up to HSPA+). Is there anyway to get the network to change over to HSPA+? I mean I'm not even getting 3G service haha. Any help would be appreciated, thanks again guys! Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!

i moved you to the htc one s forum. folks here should be able to help you better as they will be more familiar with your device.

i for one am not familiar with it so i can't be of much help.

3. emc1

emc1 Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Hi and welcome,
    You need to program the phone for Internet and mms of t-mobile, in other words add a new APN or Acces Point Name.
    If you google "t-mobile us android apn settings" you will see that is very easy to add a new apn to your phone.

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: