T-Mobile Update to Jelly Bean 4.1?Support

1. Captain Mal 78

Captain Mal 78 Well-Known Member

I received a notification for a push update this morning. Currently running 4.0.4, so I assume the update is for Jelly Bean 4.1. Has anyone tried this new update yet? I'm always hesistant to try these updates due to what happened when I updated to 4.0.3.

Advertisement
    :
  2. mokdakid

mokdakid Member

I have trully trust in Samsung lol
  3. Deemy72

Deemy72 Active Member

I got the same thing this morning. I was running 4.0.4 i updated it and still says 4.0.4 i dont see any changes tho
    Captain Mal 78 likes this.
  4. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

What happened when you updated to 4.0.3?
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

It is not Jelly Bean. :(
    Captain Mal 78 likes this.
  6. cd24

cd24 New Member

7. Captain Mal 78

It ran really slow and sluggish. I reverted back to gingerbread and then ran some custom ROMS until the official 4.0.4 was available, which solved the issues with 4.0.3.
  8. Captain Mal 78

9. molldoll

molldoll New Member

Ive Been Seeing some sites To upgrade to jelly bean. Are these safe to do so? I just got the ota 4.0.4 this morning.
  10. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't for fear of bricking your phone. Wait till SamMobile has one for your model or Samsung announces one for your model on the KEISupdate twitter cheannel
  11. lovewd

lovewd New Member

Bug fixes is the only answer I was able to find
  12. CrackBaby

CrackBaby Well-Known Member

Me too, I got a push but already have 4.0.4 and rooted so I don't know what to do. If I decide not to do it, how do I make it go away?
  13. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

You can use Titanium Backup and freeze the system app "Device Management". That should stop the nagging.
    CrackBaby likes this.
  14. Jeremy R

Jeremy R Member

I did the OTA this morning and everything is fine. The only bug that I needed fixed on my phone is the call problems that others have had from it not connecting. Does anyone know if this OTA addressed that? I have not had any call problems today, but it does not always do it. Just curious.
  15. Caker188

Caker188 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I haven't seen anything different. Maybe just a pre-jellybean update!
  16. Jeremy R

Jeremy R Member

I just wanted to follow up and say that the OTA update totally fixed the call problem issue I have had since the last ICS update. It works great now, and I have no other issues with the phone since the update.
    Atma likes this.
  17. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member

You're right, Jeremy R. I was also hoping it was a phone call fix. I have not had any problems like that either since the update.

Good on ya, T-Mo.