• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

t-mobile vibrant apparently has dual radios?

drumtrucker

Nov 11, 2009
in my big-truck
What's the technical term for being able to have voice connection and data connection simultaneously? Like AT&T was promoting heavily for a while.

Apparently, the new T-Mobile Vibrant has this capability. A friend got one and was accessing the web while talking to me, double jealous now.

I have benn lusting after the Verizon version, Fascinate, and wondering if there is any chance it will as well.

What's the technical term for being able to have voice connection and data connection simultaneously? Like AT&T was promoting heavily for a while.

Apparently, the new T-Mobile Vibrant has this capability. A friend got one and was accessing the web while talking to me, double jealous now.

I have benn lusting after the Verizon version, Fascinate, and wondering if there is any chance it will as well.

Has nothing to do with the phones radio. AT&T and T-Mobile have this feature because they are GSM networks, whereas Verizon is a CDMA network and cannot have this feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones