T-Mobile visual voicemail vs. Google voice?Support

1. VMX

VMX Well-Known Member

I'm currently using voice but I'm curious on how visual voicemail work. Does anyone use it and wanna tell me about it? If I get a call from my Google voice number, will it go to the tmobile visual?

Advertisement
    :
  2. LunchBB

LunchBB Well-Known Member

I was never able to activate T-Mobile visual voicemail from the phone.
  3. mingc

mingc Member

With Visual Voicemail, when you get a voice-mail, T-mobile will send you an audio file that you can play on your handset. That way you don't need to call the voice mail number. The name is a bit of a misonomer as it suggests that you get a transcribed message. You don't.

I've no idea how it works with Google Voice.

I couldn't turn Visual Voicemail on from the the phone either and did it by calling customer service. I think you can do that through My T-Mobile as well. It's free.
  4. cw54o

cw54o Well-Known Member

i use GV, i wasnt able to get VVM to work either. but from my knowledge they work the same way, just a better UI.
  5. VMX

VMX Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! I'll stick with google voice, and yeah I tried to enable it, but it wouldnt work either, oh well.
  6. nodrogkam

nodrogkam Well-Known Member

you need to add the vvm feature on your mytmobile or call cs. it's free, but needs to be manually updated (stupid imo).

but gvoice vvm is not the same and will not connect with tmo vvm service.