• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile Vivacity - Need help badly!!!!

italiangal

Lurker
Feb 8, 2012
I've just purchased the Vivacity and im getting to grips with it, plus it's my first andriod lol. No problems really just that...i hate the keypad on it. T-mobile told me that i can have the option of changing the keypad to the 4x3 layout, like the older mobiles have...like you would find on a landline phone.....ergo....

.!? ABC, DEF
GHI, JKL, MNO
PQRS, TUV, WXYZ

I think you get the picture lol. Anyhows how do i switch it to that kinda keypda cause ive searched and searched but just coming up with no luck. The manual says it can change to that..but doesn't realy show me how. Can anyone please give me a step by step guide on how to change please??

I'm fine with that kinda layout on laptop lol, but no on mobile...takes me ages to write a text. Please help...............

Upvote 0
Put your finger on the white space that youre typing in until a box appears. Tap input method and there you go. Dunno if it does the same thing on other phones but its worth a shot xD

Yeh my mobile does that....trouble it all it shows when doing that is Andriod keyboard and xt9 keyboard...and apparently when in xt9 mode you can change it to the way i want. But dunno how.....??

^ Yeh i know you can dload the keypad i want..but that phone apparetnyl has it.

Upvote 0
Yeh my mobile does that....trouble it all it shows when doing that is Andriod keyboard and xt9 keyboard...and apparently when in xt9 mode you can change it to the way i want. But dunno how.....??

^ Yeh i know you can dload the keypad i want..but that phone apparetnyl has it.

So when you bring up the input device window (where it says Android Keyboard and xt9 keyboard), you tap on xt9 and it should change the keyboard immediately.

Upvote 0
So when you bring up the input device window (where it says Android Keyboard and xt9 keyboard), you tap on xt9 and it should change the keyboard immediately.

Yeh it changes..but it's still the style of qwerty/andriod keyboard. But apparently when in xt9...you then can have options to change it to the 4x3...just dunno how. Any steps by steps help out there please..?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones