[T-Mobile] Worth rooting?

Last Updated: 2013-06-19 21:41:40
  1. ChristianOrtiz

ChristianOrtiz Well-Known Member

Hi I had a LG Esteem before and i rooted it and it was great, but now i Got my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I'm not sure if is worth rooting the phone, i say this because the phone has basically everything and my plan is all Unlimited so what are other features or advantages besides being able to change ROM's ?:confused::D

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Unless you want to use apps that need root or you want to delete bloat, that's the only reason I rooted mine. Plus, I just like flashing roms. :D
    nsandymary likes this.
  3. ChristianOrtiz

i have no idea what "bloat" is :l:saint:
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Bloat is like all the carrier installed apps that you may never use and just takes up space. For instance, T-Mobile TV I will never use. Less bloat means smoother quicker phone.
  5. ChristianOrtiz

oh isee, well in my opinion i dont think is needed to root it for now
  6. reilus

reilus Well-Known Member

It seems we have an understanding.:smokingsomb:
  7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I won't buy a phone unless it is able to be rooted.

Ad blocker, Titanium Backup, Cerberus, freezing/removing bloat and problem apps.... IMO, rooting is ALWAYS worth it.
  8. fatalfury

fatalfury Well-Known Member

Hell yea it is worth it Especially on your Battery removing bloatware makes your battery last longer
  9. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I just got my gs4 and had to root to remove half of the useless apps tmobile has on here. Also I hate lookout soo that has to go!
  10. nsandymary

nsandymary Member

Interesting. I'm new here and like christianortiz I really want to get rid of the whole bloating on my phone. The thing is because I don't know much about rooting and flashing roms, I';m scared of mess up m,y phone. I'll love it. I think is really the best next thing.

I wish I can do it without be so scared to mees it up.

Any help on this will be really appreciated.

Thanks guys for this comments, I'm learning!!
  11. Kelmar

You can disable most of the bloatware without rooting. It doesn't, however, clear up the room on your phone.

Would you like to try this method first?
    nsandymary likes this.
  12. nsandymary

nsandymary Member

That would be wonderful. Since I'm not an expert, I'm willing to try something to release more ram.
  13. Kelmar

Read THIS then refer to THIS list. :)
    Atma likes this.