• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile's Price for this off contract is...

lets see:

phone 199.99 on contract
2 year agreement 79.99 (500 Minutes
Talk + Unlimited Text + Unlimited Web)
plan with tax bout $91 & change per month, 24 months $2,184.

OR

buy the phone outright $449.99
(Even More Plus) no contract plan $59.99 (500 Minutes
Talk + Unlimited Text + Unlimited Web) bout $68 & change after tax.
24 months $1,632.

even if you tack on the extra $200 that you're paying for the unlocked phone you still save a bit of $$

Upvote 0
I've said it once and I'll definitely say it again, buying the phone off contract is the way to go, and with T-Mobile's EIP(Equipment Installment Plan) it's actually cheaper up front and overall to do than on contract.

If the phone is $449, with the EIP it'd be $22.50 + applicable tax to the phone up front, and an extra $22.50 a month on your bill for the first 19 months.

So for the first 19 months your bill would be $2.50 higher than the contract plan, but after 19 it'll drop down back down $22.50, still saving you about $112.50 over a contract plan but without actually being locked in. plus you can pay the phone off at any time if u want your monthly bill to drop.

Upvote 0
I've said it once and I'll definitely say it again, buying the phone off contract is the way to go, and with T-Mobile's EIP(Equipment Installment Plan) it's actually cheaper up front and overall to do than on contract.

If the phone is $449, with the EIP it'd be $22.50 + applicable tax to the phone up front, and an extra $22.50 a month on your bill for the first 19 months.

So for the first 19 months your bill would be $2.50 higher than the contract plan, but after 19 it'll drop down back down $22.50, still saving you about $112.50 over a contract plan but without actually being locked in. plus you can pay the phone off at any time if u want your monthly bill to drop.

That's what I'll be doing. No contract and low, interest free payments. Love T-Mobile.

Upvote 0
That's what I'll be doing. No contract and low, interest free payments. Love T-Mobile.

Thinking about doing this also.

no-money-300x300.jpg

Upvote 0
†On approved credit. $125 down payment, plus 3 monthly payments of $125, required. 0% APR. Taxes & fees additional. Available only at T-Mobile-owned retail stores; see store for details.
†0% APR. Availability & amount of financing subject to credit approval. Down payment required at time of purchase. Remaining amount owed is paid over 3 monthly payments (with Even More Plan) or 19 monthly payments (with Even More Plus Plan). Qualifying plan required for duration of EIP agreement; account must be in good standing. Taxes, late/non-payment fees and other upfront and monthly charges may apply. Example shown above reflects the down payment and monthly payments for our most credit worthy customers; down payments & monthly payment amounts for other customers will vary.
Link from T-MOBILE 4x$125.00= $500 for non-contact..

Edit- RadioShack SELL Samsung Vibrant, It’s actually $499.99, too! Checkout RadioShack’s site –

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones