T325 Bluetooth Phonebook download failsSupport

Last Updated: 2013-07-23 03:10:27
  1. kennytlaloc

kennytlaloc New Member

I just purchased the Motorola t325 bluetooth speaker and I have a razr as well.

When the t325 tries to download the contacts/phonebook it fails and there are no errors. It suggests that we can send vcf files to the phone as a backup plan and that fails as well.

Has someone figured out a solution for this?

Regards
    Kennytlaloc

Advertisement
  2. raricci

raricci New Member

I haven't figured it out either. I don't REALLY care about downloading the contacts, I just wish I could figure out how to turn off the attempt to download so that she stops telling me that it failed!
  3. StarBus

StarBus New Member

Aaargh! Same problem... Address book fails to import from original RAZR into T325
    bluetooth speakerphone.

After much hassle, I finally reached a knowledgable Motorola rep who confirms that
    they have heard from many users about this problem. Both products are made by
    Motorola and both claim to support PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile). Yet, he would
    not authorize a replacement for my T325 which worked fine with my previous Samsung
    Droid Charge.

I have given up. I flipped the T325 on Ebay (just before it was discounted to
    $19.99) and bought a Jabra speakerphone.

Now here is a question for the forum:

I realize that the caller ID "Name" is pulled from my own stored phone book
    association (it is not transmitted with the call as with a home phone). But why is
    it necessary to download or synch the address book with the speakerphone? Why does
    it not just announce the name that appears on the telephone display in real time?
    After all, it does this when dialing. Can anyone answer this?

Ellery (at) starbus (d0t) com
  4. Palmas

Palmas New Member

I have the same problem with my Sony. Even trying to bluetooth the contacts I get a "You can't connect with target device because it lacks "File Transfer Profile" (OBEX FTP) and/or the "Object Push Profile" (OBEX OPP) Bluetooth services. Make sure that target device is in Discoverable mode and enable to receive files.
    Does anyone know what else I could try?