T9 keyboard

1. tonloc_45371

tonloc_45371 Active Member

Is there an app out there that will allow you to modify the vertical keyboard to text using the normal T9 mode for texting?

Note: I did search before posting and came up empty handed so dont bash me if this has been asked before.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

I think Handcent text app has a T9 keyboard option.

If you're rooted, look in the All Things Root section for the HTC keyboard thread...provides the best keyboard available on the Droid, aside from, IMHO, the Swype keyboard (which is not T9).
  3. tonloc_45371

Redflea, Thanks for the reply. I thought I had seen the T9 in my handcent as well. For some odd reason I cannot find it anywhere.
  4. phaze3131

phaze3131 Well-Known Member

the answer you seek is Even Better Keyboard
  5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

I use Evenbetter keyboard!
  6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

If you're totally convinced that T9 is the be all / end all, you can ignore this post. But SWYPE is thee way to type on a virtual keyboard. Amazing!

SWYPE for Android
  7. bobarcher

bobarcher Active Member

couldn't find it in the Marketplace
  8. nap1997

nap1997 Member

Swype isn't in the marketplace, it hasn't been fully released yet. I have tried just about every keyboard out there... for T9 I prefer the HTC_IME hi-res version. Although landscape hasn't been quite ironed out, the portrait works great....
  9. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

rogue_slc_vzw_rep Well-Known Member

handcent is your winner.. you go into the settings and change it to T9 there

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. JKaiz

JKaiz Well-Known Member

Swype is very easy to install and my favorite thing to use, and i loved t9. i think swype is just as fast if not faster once you get the hang of it. I think I am going to go ahead and install the HTC_IME hi-res but i believe you have to be rooted to do that?
  11. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

you do not have to be rooted. just download the apk and install it. I'm typing this with v9 :)

12. tonloc_45371

Where in the settings do you go? I have looked every where
  13. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

on the bottom right of the keyboard theres the voice button. long press it and it pulls up more settings. its the first setting in those settings

14. tonloc_45371

Rogue, I am not seeing the voice button on any of the keyboards. What is your set up for hancent? Do I need to be creating a text message.

Thanks for the previous quick reply
  15. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

gmail and tapatalk make it easy to respond quickly..

the microphone is on the Eris keyboard... sorry I wasn't more specific. I suppose its in the settings on the keyboard itself. have you loaded it yet?

16. tonloc_45371

Yes, I have handcent. I have looked everywhere. Cant find anything to change it.
  17. rogue_slc_vzw_rep

I meant its on the keyboard so you need to load that first, whether it be on handcent or on droids native messaging app

so in the end nothing to do with handcent lol..

it is a great program though and worth a look

18. tman065

tman065 Active Member

Try searching for SlideIT Lite