• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tab 2, 10.1 - keyboard registering wrong key press

I've got a problem with my Galaxy tab 2 - 10.1. When I press a key on the keyboard is is often displaying the key next to it rather than the key I have pressed.

It might also show on the screen the letter I have pressed plus the one beside it. So for example, I might press 'e' and it' bring up the letter 'e' and 'w'

When I am moving the screen around also, It will zoom in and out on the screen rather than just move it around.

I'm using the stock Samsung ROM.

Thanks in advance

Most likely due to finger touching the adjacent "key area" Try Swiftkey's free keyboard. That keyboard quickly learns your pressing/tapping positioning and adjusts to you input.
The Swiftkey board docks and you can change the size.

if you want to stick to the std keyboard, try using a stylus to see if it still gives the wrong letters

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones