Tab 2 not shutting down after 4.2.2 updateSupport

Last Updated: 2014-01-19 15:11:21
  1. Ingmanson

Ingmanson New Member

After the 4.2.2 update was pushed, my tab will not stay shut off. When I power off, it keeps turning itself back on but then goes to sleep. This causes the battery to drain faster. Does anyone know how to make the thing shut down and stay shut down until I want it to turn back on?

Advertisement
  2. BKline2003

BKline2003 Well-Known Member

I noticed the samething when I updated, I ended up just shutting it off a second time and has been off since and hasn't turned its self back on granted I haven't had it back on either since the update.
  3. bertaf

bertaf New Member

Has anyone figured out a fix that will allow me to shut down the tablet?

After hitting power off and ok. system shuts down and then starts up again.
    Acts like a retart rather than power off.
  4. ZooCrazie

ZooCrazie Well-Known Member

I have updated mine to 4.2.2 and have not had this issue. interesting that yall are
  5. Ingmanson

Ingmanson New Member

Although not the best solution, we found if you plug it in quickly before it has a chance to restart, it stays shut down. It doesn't have to be connected to power to work but you have to insert the plug within a couple of seconds of initial shutdown. Hopefully someone will come up with a better fix.

This issue started with the 4.2.2 update.
  6. ZooCrazie

ZooCrazie Well-Known Member

i don't know if this will do any good or not.

Maybe you could to a "factory Reset" and then go back and update and see that helps?
  7. clscanlon

clscanlon New Member

I am having the same problem. I don't want to do a factory reset. A fix would be great.
  8. bertaf

bertaf New Member

on line chat with a samsung rep said that they were aware of the not shutting down problem. They said that it did not happen to all tab 10.1 so I am not sure what that means.
    They suggested a factory reset and I don't want to do that.

So will try the suggested plug fix.
  9. MMMH2O

MMMH2O Active Member

Hope they fix this. Mine restarts after I do a shutdown too.
  10. allDroidnow

allDroidnow Active Member

Same here. Shut the Tab 2 10.1 off after updating at 1:30 a.m., started back to bed., and heard the start up chime!! Came back and it was starting back up! Thought it was due to my unplugging the charger...so, I am surprised this morning to read these posts. I will be turning it back on shortly...keep you posted.
  11. SEMIJim

SEMIJim Well-Known Member

12. korg60

korg60 Member

Same issue and Samsung no help......
  13. allDroidnow

allDroidnow Active Member

I found that the two times that I've had this problem was when I turned off the Tab II and unplugged it from the charging dock at the same time, well, within a few seconds of each action. Sequence: turned off, pulled from charging dock, heard turn on sound, turned off again. Once off, it stayed off. Other than that, just turning it on and off has not been a problem for me.
  14. shep938

shep938 Active Member

Im having the same issue since the 4.2.2 update. It keeps coming back on. I dont want to do a factory reset either...i hope there is a fix for this...
  15. shep938

shep938 Active Member

By the way, i also have a Galaxy Note 10.1 and it doesnt have to new update yet.
  16. korg60

korg60 Member

Well I talked to Samsung via chat and this is what the rep said "Hailey: Currently we don't have any reported issues"
    Hailey is the rep.
  17. batkinson001

batkinson001 Well-Known Member

My 5113 has the restart issue, though it seems to only do it once. I am resetting the tablet...
  18. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

I will appreciate feedback, as I have the P5100 running 4.1.2 flawlessly and do not plan going to 4.2.2 anytime in the near future as to many "shut-down" issues are being reported(not just on this forum)

Spikes
  19. batkinson001

batkinson001 Well-Known Member

for my issue, so far resetting the tablet back to factory (still on 4.2.2) has fixed the problem, so far. I have only shut it down once and it did not start back up...
  20. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I'll still hold back. Update to 4.1.2 is fine at the moment.

Spikes
  21. korg60

korg60 Member

did the factory reset last night - no luck. I did talk to someone yesterday and they said that Samsung has now officially said this is an issue, and they are working on it. At least one person there says it is a know issue.
  22. lynmoreno18

lynmoreno18 Member

Do the factory reset,just back up ur tab and save all ur files to sd card.dong forget to remove ur sc card before doing factory reset.mines are working perfect now after I did the factory reset.
  23. clscanlon

clscanlon New Member

Just a note: I did the factory reset and that did not solve the problem. I contacted Samsung support and the tech had me do a hard reset and that made it worse. I was left with the tablet booting to a programming screen wanting me to do the reset and no matter how many times I did it, I couldn't get back into the tablet. I had to send it to Samsung for repair!! I am waiting on its return.
  24. pj52ba

pj52ba New Member

I tried going to task manager and closing all apps and then clearing the ram before shutting down. Sometimes that will work and it will shut down the first time. Otherwise, I will shut it down and after it restarts, I will immediately shut it down again and it will stay off. I've done this several times and it never takes more than 2 attempts for it to shut down.
  25. BKline2003

BKline2003 Well-Known Member

Lets just hope Samsung will figure a fix for this.