1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

tab 2 won't connect despite strong wifi signalSupport

1. dr4sight

dr4sight Well-Known Member

My Tab 2 7.0 has always done just fine in our house and connects to the router's strong wi-fi signal. But just tonite it won't connect. I've turned it off and I've tried putting into airplane mode for a while.
    It reports: Signal strength: Very Strong
    but won't make the connection.
    Nothing else in the system has changed today and my HTC One V android phone is connecting just fine to this signal.
    Any ideas?

Advertisement
    :
  2. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

Have you tried connecting to a wifi hotspot, like Starbucks or some place that offer free wifi? Just to test if it connects.
  3. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

same thing happens all the time here with wife/daughters phones/tablets/laptops....

I found its not the devices............ reboot your router....... does the trick everytime here
  4. dr4sight

dr4sight Well-Known Member

Rebooting the router did not get the job done.

Checking for answers online someone suggested changing one of the security settings. I did and then connection was restored.

Doesn't make sense to me only because things had been fine and I hadn't changed the setting. Since the problem started just after my wife was using the microwave oven I thought maybe it had something to do with it.

I'm happy since the tablet is back in business. And I thank all for your input.
  5. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

It might be helpful to others in the future if you tell us what security setting you changed.