• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
It will get KitKat eventually, Samsung is one of the slowest companies when it comes to releasing software updates and they also dump support for their middle range stuff very quickly. Man I hated the Tab 3 10.1, just a piece of laggy dog crap that thing turned out to be. I was so happy when I returned it three days later, you should have bought the Nexus 10 for the same price.. I doubt the speed will get any better, the problem is the bloated UI that is Touchwiz takes up 700MB of system memory leaving the user with only 300MB left for apps, that and the UI isn't optimized for the Intel chip inside. You know the Tab 3 is bad when a 150 dollar Dell Venue 8 has double the memory 2GB vs. 1GB , double the space, 32GB vs. 16GB, faster Intel Atom, Z2580 vs. Z2560, Gorilla Glass vs. no protection and better build quality. Good luck, any chance you can return this lemon?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones