• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tab II won't charge

REALOldNick

Jun 2, 2012
My tab will not charge or start.

The cable failed and the battery became VERY low. I ordered other cables and turned off the tab.

When the cables arrived, they would not charge the tab, even overnight. The tab will not start and shows no sign of recognising the charge.

I do not know if it is dud cables, too flat a battery, or machine fault.

I wondered about charging the battery externally to maybe kickstart the process. I had a phone that behaved like this when the battery was totally flat. I have the proper charger to do that. Does anyone know the pinouts?

I cut one of the cables. It has 4 wires, braided shield and foil shield. Will this suit the tab? The cable that did work before was not configured like that.

Samsuck wants $40 for a cable. In desperation I would do it, but not to find it is the tab or battery.

Any help appreciated.

Nick

While Samsung devices are very fussy about cables, any standard micro USB cable should charge your Tablet. I'd check the charger itself. Many phone chargers don't offer enough amperage to charge a tablet (or they charge it so slowly it's not detectable).

I have a Note 10.1 that charges the fastes when I plug it into an Anker battery pack. I can charge it from 20% to full in about 2 hours. If I use the charger that came with it, it can take over 8 hours to get to full.

Upvote 0
I resurrected my Tab 2 10.1 after my son left it in a corner for several months. I left it on the charger for a day and a half before it would start.

Here is a pinout of the 30-pin connector.

Attachments

• tabletcables.jpg
    tabletcables.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones