• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tab4 8" - offline Onedrive, Google Drive, Dropbox?

I have a Windows 10 laptop, Windows 10 desktop and Galaxy S3 phone - all of which have one or more of the above applications installed. With these devices, any adds/updates to local files result in syncing to the respective cloud folders, and any changes on one device are uploaded to cloud and from there to the other devices in due course.

I have recently bought a Tab4 8" and installed these applications. I can access the cloud files when I am connected to Wifi but cannot find the offline files which should have been created on the main memory or the SD card. The somewhat cursory help suggests that I drag and drop files with a 'parachute' symbol, but from where do I drag and should I manually create a file into which to drop it? I do not want to move files from (say) the Onedrive cloud, but I do want to initiate the download of the files from the cloud (which I thought should have happened as part of the Onedrive and other applications) - and I also want to specify where these offline files should be sited on the Tab4.

Perhaps I am just getting too old to understand cryptic help instructions: can anybody out there send me an idiot's guide?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones