• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet Apps for Grad School Student

TheIntrigue

Lurker
Aug 20, 2011
Hey, all. I'm new to this site, so I apologize if this question was already asked or if I'm in the wrong section.

I'm starting Grad School in September for Speech-Language Pathology, and I was wondering if you all had any suggestions for what apps a college or grad student would find useful on a tablet.

I am also trying to find a good note taking app, on par with Notes Plus for the iPad, and have been searching and researching with no luck. So if anyone has suggestions for a note taking app that uses typing text and drawing integration smoothly within the same document, that has some kind of spell checker in the typing part, that can convert documents to pdf form, and that has a search function for looking up typed text (this isn't necessary, but it's super useful), I would really appreciate any help I could get with this and with other apps for college students.

I'm in Medschool, so I guess apps I use could work. I'll just describe what I do and all caps the apps.

I use a combination of EVERNOTE and ONENOTE for my notes. EverNote holds my random notes and pictures, like reminder details and stuff, which I then share to ASTRID TASKS. For example, homework details and stuff, then when I share it to Astrid, I set the time and date for the reminder of when I'll work on it. Astrid has a nice feature where no matter if you click "clear" on your notification bar, the notification won't go away unless you mark it done. You can set repeat reminder intervals too.

I type using my laptop in class, using OneNote. Evernote has a limitation of 60MB free sync per month, but OneNote has no such limitations, and I prefer note-taking on its desktop program. However, since I am always moving around and I need to look at my notes from time to time, I have OneNote on my tablet so I can read and check my notes anytime I want. I sync it via MS Skydrive, OneNote's official sync service goes through that.

For Ebook Readers, I use MANTANO READER for EPUB and PDF, and MOONREADER for CHM files. IMO these are the best apps for reading.

Then I also have SUGARSYNC and DROPBOX. I keep personal stuff on Sugarsync, while I share files with my classmates using Dropbox since its a service we all have in common.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones