Tablet Comparison

1. Yesevil

Yesevil Well-Known Member

Hi all,

A looking into buying my first Android tablet and am looking for people's advice/opinions.
    I like to think I am reasonably tech savvy, but am struggling to decide on which Tablet to get. I'd like one with expandable storage (will help a lot when I'm working away from home)

So far I have narrowed it down to:
    Nexus 10
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Asus Transformer Prime

I know not all of the above have expandable storage.
    Just wondered what you would recommend, or suggest any alternatives?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I would look into the Asus Transformer Prime first. It comes with keyboard and include an hdmi port, along with the sd card port.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes with a sd card slot but only have a dual-core processor, no hdmi port.

Nexus 10 is great but no sd card or hdmi port.

If price is an issue, I would think the N10 & Tab 10 are cheaper then the Transformer Prime.
  3. rui-no-onna

rui-no-onna Well-Known Member

Nexus 10 if you don't need expandable storage or HDMI out. Galaxy Note 10.1 or Transformer Infinity otherwise. The Prime is already out of production and has some questionable hardware design so I'd skip that in favor of the Infinity. If FullHD resolution isn't a requirement, there's also the less expensive Transformer TF300.
  4. garyMatt

garyMatt Member

My vote goes to Asus Transformer Prime without too much thinking
  5. Nexus 10 owns the timly Android update and the best game experience but it has no SD card.If you don't care about it ,you can expand it with USB storage or iCloud service.

Asus Transformer Prime is the great gaming tablet.

Galaxy Note 10.1 is a very good one but its display is not as good as the others.

Galaxy Note 10.1
  6. MrsChief

MrsChief New Member

I am in a similar position. I am worried about non-expandability, but have an added disadvantage... I have (& LOVE) my Note II. I don't know if I would be happy "down grading" to anything less than what that has just to get a bigger screen, but I honestly don't think I've seen anything comparable. Anyone have any suggestions? Price is also going to be a significant factor, I'm not going to lie.