1. lopezbnj

lopezbnj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. icurafu

icurafu Well-Known Member

lopezbnj likes this.
  3. koppit

koppit Well-Known Member

Hey, yes, please confirm that it's a Rockchip tablet before your purchase, you don't want to be sorely disappointed. Don't get one with a blue LED, for starters.

lopezbnj likes this.
  4. lopezbnj

lopezbnj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The one you suggest is cheaper than this one.

CM003 Google Android OS China iPad

However, dragonext's one is running android 1.6. I see in other forum that 1.5 cannot upgrade to 1.6. This is one of my concern too...

5. icurafu

Rockchip is fine if you can accept the limitations.

SmartQ V5 would be a good choice for a smaller sized device if you could spend a little more.

SmartV5 , OTG , WIFI , Android ,Ubuntu, HDMI SmartV5 , 1080P , OTG , WIFI , Android , WinCE ,Ubuntu, 2GB [SmartV5] - $172.00 : JTSHOP

This is a nice device and a great firmware 2.1 is coming soon. (This is a test 2.1 out now.)

SmartQ MID Unofficial Board • View topic - Android 2.1 FINAL coming soon

If you can spend a little more, you can get the WITStech A81-e. Which as a very nice CPU and 3D card. You can find a lot of videos of it on youtube. (Android 2.2 test firmware is available now.)

A81 E,TI OMAP3 Cortex , Android 2.1 , Wince ,GPS TI OMAP3 Cortex A8 , A81 7 , Wifi, Wince ,Bluetooth , GPS [WITS-A81E-GPS] - $200.00 : JTSHOP

EDIT: I guess I forgot to say that the VIA boards are not worth it. You can find them on Android 1.7 and 1.6, but 1.5 on a Rockchip is a nicer experience. I've never owned one, but I've read a lot of reviews demonstrating < 2 hour battery life and very poor performance. Like click and the screen and wait for a reaction.

6. koppit

koppit Well-Known Member

Yeah the rockchip ones have a much better experience, definitely. I was using mine to listen to music and play games for about 4 hours last night, with it going to sleep every time I was away from it for more than a couple of minutes. It still has about 20% batter left. I wish my laptop could do that...

7. icurafu

I know this is off topic, but what games are good with only resistive touch screen? I'm enjoying settlers the most. Assassins creed was also fun, but I did not get too far to see if you need multi touch to finish.

8. koppit

koppit Well-Known Member

I've been playing solitaire and sudoku a bunch, some of the other ones aren't the greatest, but are playable :)