tablet for my 4 year old..

Last Updated:

1. fgibson

fgibson Well-Known Member

my daughter is about to turn 4, she plays on my tablet ALL the time and so we want to get her own for her birthday... any suggestions as to what to buy? looking to spend 150 max!

2. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

I gave my 2 year old my Acer a100. Its more than 150 but its a good smooth tablet. You can also maybe get a nook and put cm7 on it.
  3. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

What happened to coloring books?
    damewolf13, Shane2943 and Sarrith like this.
  4. Sarrith

Sarrith Well-Known Member

5. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

Not as effective when they see you with a shiny screen lol
  6. Bnice

Bnice Guest

You can try Toys R Us.
  7. fgibson

she has coloring books and colors all the time but when we are at church or on a trip the tablet is great, and she can do so much on it.. she is only allowed on my every so often and for a limited time but sadly my nephew in kindergarten has used an ipad @ school so i see nothing wrong with getting her one.
  8. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

EarlyMon and breadnatty08 like this.
  9. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Stinky Stinky likes this.
  10. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Such on easy thread to troll, and Mr Stinky actually chimes in with a useful post. Am I in the right place?:questionmark::hmmmm2:
    B2L and Stinky Stinky like this.
  11. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Whahahahaaaa!! :D:D

Am I really that evil???? :D

CLCIK IT!!!

Gmash likes this.
  12. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

LOL. This is the only tablet we had when I was a kid:

I'm just jealous...:hmpf:
  13. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

I don't know what's going on, just picture an Etch a Sketch up there
  14. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I'm moving this to the Android Lounge.

This isn't the "how someone else should raise their kids" thread or a trolling contest.

They have a tablet request, please stick to that only.

Thank you.
  15. leo9891

leo9891 Well-Known Member

Try that tablet from AT&T. Its water RESISTANT, not water PROOF. I forgot the name of it though. Its that commercial where the little baby is playing with a tablet and the parents are spelling out what they are saying so the baby doesn't understand what they are saying. But I'm sure you do t wanna sign up for a contract just for your baby.

Just a thought.
  16. andyk85

andyk85 Member

I would say either Leafpad or inexpensive tablets such as kindle fire, root it so you can get more apps from Android market.
  17. fgibson

thank you everyone! we actually decided to just continue letting her play on mine from time to time and am buying her camping stuff and a new bike :)
  18. admob

admob Well-Known Member

a 2nd hand transformer!!, my 3 yr old loves 'wheres my water' or as he calls it, the crocodile game. His eye to hand movements hav noticably got better after playing this game, his real world drawing skills are much better... ignore anyone who suggests that the mere mention of a child playing with a toy that was not designed in 1950 is somehow a bad parent is redic!, everything in moderation....