Tablet n00b, need help with iRobot 7"

Last Updated:

1. alex182

alex182 Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so I got it for $40 on craigslist so I had an expendable tablet to play with before I pull the trigger on a big 10". Now I need to find out how do do some things to it to make it usable.

1: It's running 1.7.4 and I need to upgrade it to 2.1. I have Win7 64-bit if that makes a difference.

2: The WiFi isn't working with WEP but I think this is a ROM issue (I hope) that should be fized once I upgrade it.

3: How do I even find out (since it'll be asked) what make/model/firmware/etc. this thing is. In the About Device it says:

Model Number: generic
    Firmware Version: 1.6
    Kernel version: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
    Build number: 1.7.4

4: How do I install programs to/from the SD card? I want to put the Google market and apps on here.

Thanks all! Please help!

Advertisement
  2. alex182

alex182 Member This Topic's Starter

IK, I think I solved some of my problems, found what I think are the correct drivers and imags... but..

WTF?!?! is up with this USB cable?!?! Seriously!?! An A-Male to A-Male crossover USB cable??

Gender changers don't work, gotta have a special cable...

Where can I get one of those?

3. hydenbully34

hydenbully34 New Member

my irobot keeps telling me that it cannot scan for networks what the f... is wrong with it this is the 2nd one i have had and they have both had problems its got to be something easy aint HELP ME PLEASE