Tablet-optimized apps

1. Cryptic79

Cryptic79 VIP Member VIP Member

Are there any apps that are optimized (multi-panel or something other than just stretch/scale) for tablets available? Ideally, at least GMail. Would also like Touchdown, gReader, TweetDeck, FB, and Handcent.

Advertisement
    :
  2. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

there are not many tablet specific apps at the moment because technically the samsung galaxy tab is the only "official" one available right now. as far as i know, no other tablet currently ships with the android market pre-installed. once we start seeing honeycomb and more "google approved" tabs, i believe we will get many more apps optimized for 7-10" screens.
  3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

If it matters, Angry Birds looks gorgeous on a 10" screen... my daughter LOVES it :)
  4. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

It's coming soon. The Honeycomb SDK beta was released so developers can start writing tablet specific apps.

If you search the market and use keyword tab or tablet, there are a few tablet "specific" apps. I know, Mediafly for tablets and Pulse are the two people always mention that look great and run great on tablets.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android-3.0-Honeycomb-Preview_id16266
  5. DireMerlin

DireMerlin Member

actually if possible i would a little list of some apps that works on the g tablet...i tried dungeon hunter but couldn't get it to work, or robot defense - so if any one can tell me how to get these working that would be really great...also some drawing/note taking apps thanks
  6. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

Did anyone get an Angry Birds update on the gTablet? Got it on my droid w/ new levels, but my tablet's market is showing it as up to date with no update.
  7. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

nevermind, found a sideload option over on XDA
  8. Zebulon

Zebulon Well-Known Member

The Dungeon Defenders app works GREAT on my G-tab. It looks fantastic, and it runs really, really smoothly. It works a whole lot better on the G-tab than on my Samsung Mesmerize.
  9. DireMerlin

DireMerlin Member

How did you get it to work? Any links or info you can provide?
  10. Zebulon

I just downloaded it from the app market. My G-tab is rooted and running VEGAn, so the app might not be available in the online store that the G-tab comes with stock, but as long as you have full market access, you can get Dungeon Defenders. It costs $2.99, if I remember right, and it's pretty big (400mb, I believe). You actually download the framework from the app store, and then when you open the app, it downloads the rest of the files that you need to run it.
  11. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

xmr405o likes this.
  12. Zebulon

13. kimkgk

kimkgk Well-Known Member

Same here. Can't get them.
  14. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

SolidOrange likes this.