• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet-optimized apps

there are not many tablet specific apps at the moment because technically the samsung galaxy tab is the only "official" one available right now. as far as i know, no other tablet currently ships with the android market pre-installed. once we start seeing honeycomb and more "google approved" tabs, i believe we will get many more apps optimized for 7-10" screens.

Upvote 0
It's coming soon. The Honeycomb SDK beta was released so developers can start writing tablet specific apps.

If you search the market and use keyword tab or tablet, there are a few tablet "specific" apps. I know, Mediafly for tablets and Pulse are the two people always mention that look great and run great on tablets.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Android-3.0-Honeycomb-Preview_id16266

Upvote 0
I just downloaded it from the app market. My G-tab is rooted and running VEGAn, so the app might not be available in the online store that the G-tab comes with stock, but as long as you have full market access, you can get Dungeon Defenders. It costs $2.99, if I remember right, and it's pretty big (400mb, I believe). You actually download the framework from the app store, and then when you open the app, it downloads the rest of the files that you need to run it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones