tablet picture when outdoorsSupport

1. cody11

cody11 Member

Hi all,
    I have the acer 100. I am watching previous tv episodes on my tablet. When I go outdoors it is alot darker than indoors. I am only 5 feet away on the patio. In the house it is perfect. Is there anything I can do to make it better? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Mrhelper

Mrhelper Well-Known Member

You can turn up the display brightness in Settings > Display.

Other than that, you may need to shade the screen because LCD displays do not compete well with full outdoor light, and particularly not direct sunlight.
    cody11 likes this.
  3. cody11

cody11 Member

I was under an umbrella when I used it, so was shaded. However it probably wasn't dark enough. I also had the brightness in the display turned up to fullest. Tonight when it gets dark I am going to take it outside and see what happens. I am sure you are right, and only wish there was something to put around the tablet to keep the outside light out.
  4. JLtech

JLtech Member

The screen on this tablet has a very small viewing angle. You typically have to be looking straight at it to be able to see a clear picture. The screen also is very hard to view in bright environments. All you can do is increase the screen brightness, look straight at it, and try to get in the shade if possible.