Tablet problem

Last Updated:

1. bridgetpalmer

bridgetpalmer New Member

I am looking for some advice please. I bought an A10 Allwinner tablet recently and am very happy with its performance apart from one thing. Could someone advise how to connect a 3G dongle to this tablet? I changed my current dongle to one that is recommended but can get no response on my tablet in any shape or form. The dongle works perfectly well on my laptop. The tablet is 3G supported. Do I have to have a special data cable to connect to the mini USB port? Any help most gratefully received.:confused:

2. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

Are you sure that a USB dongle can work that way on a tablet? Usually they just need a SIM card. But I'm not familiar with that exact model. Do you have an Android phone? If so, you might look into using Foxfi or another app to do a wifi hotspot through your phone's data.
    bridgetpalmer likes this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Take the SIM card out of the dongle, then insert into the tablet itself. Tablets don't support USB dongles, or basically any USB thing that isn't a mass storage device or connection to a computer AFAIK.
    bridgetpalmer likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

There are a few tablets with USB host that support specific 3G modems, the Huawei e1750 or e220 3G modems.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Moved thread into General Tablet Talk.

A cheap Chinese device. Often what a tablet like this claims it has and what it actually has can be somewhat different. What 3G modem did you try, a Huawei E1750 or E220 perhaps?
  6. AdrianVincent

AdrianVincent Member

The only tablet that I know of that supports a USB dongle are the Archos/Arnova range and they're there own branded one's which are an extra