1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Tablet won't load past boot screen

1. thejester469

thejester469 New Member

Hey there, just wondering if anyone could help me get my tablet running.
    I just got it in the mail, charged it, and then started it up.
    Worked fine, but then I tapped something (can't even remember what it was, was just browsing it) and it crashed, now it won't boot back up. It wasn't anything important like moving files or something, just looking through menu options.

When I turn it on, it shows the Android in a blue box, followed by another screen that's green with "android" in the middle and the android guy kinda flying, followed by "android" that kinda glistens across the word, then the screen just goes blank.

All I really know about it is that it's running ICS/4.0. It's a generic model afaik, so I wasn't sure what to look for as far as re installing the OS or anything, and I'm like brand new to Android/Tablets.

if it helps identify it, it's shown here: LivingDeal - 7" Android 4.0 ICS Tablet - YouTube
    Thanks in advance for help guys.

Advertisement
    :
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

HI welcome to AF.

An unbranded generic cheap Chinese device. Most likely the software has become corrupted because it's buggy. A very common problem with some of these cheap Chinese tablets. Which means it has to be reloaded/reflashed. You'll have to find the manufacturer's web site for that, which could be rather difficult because it's unbranded, that's if they have a site with the required software on it.

Suggest you send it back to wherever it came from(Ebay, Alibaba?), for a refund or a replacement.
  3. thejester469

thejester469 New Member

Yeah that's what I thought, I was just hoping that someone would happen to recognize it off the bat. Kinda had my doubts lol.
    I'm emailing back and forth for a refund, just thought I'd use the dead time to see if I could get any fixes.