• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tablet won't stay connected to thether

Rigit

Dec 14, 2012
My wifes' tablet is unable to maintain a tether connection with her windows phone 8 ics. I would have very much preferred an Android phone but financial reasons caused me to give windows phone 8 a try. The tablet repeatedly drops the connection after 15 seconds or so and then reconnects. I tried asigning a static ip but that didn't help it still drops in and out. Mr. Bill doesn't alllow for much customization at all. I can't change anything but the ssid and password. My android tablet connects and works fine so I figure it must be a configuration issue on her phone. I just don't know what that might be. Her warranty is expired so I can root the phone if necessary and will probably do it anyway for other customizations. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

For the record having used this phone a while I much prefer Android. Mostly because there's more apps but also because you have far more control. No more. Next time it's damn the bank go with Android.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones