tablet

Last Updated:

1. matttrow6969

matttrow6969 New Member This Topic's Starter

im looking for a tablet that has windows 7 on it and is 250 and under anyone got anything?

Advertisement
  2. matttrow6969

noone?

3. gamma

gamma Active Member

I don't think you'll find a windows 7 tablet that cheap.

4. matttrow6969

well whats the best tablet under 250 that would be better than the ipad or just as good?

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

^^^^^^

Erm.. Any tablet which runs Android perhaps? The iPad is so locked down, crippled and filled with DRM as to be rather useless IMO.

6. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Yes... But honestly I'd rather have an iPad than a Chinese knockoff with Android. Which is the only thing you're going to find for less than $250.

7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I recently borrowed an iPad(a real one) to see if it was suitable for me needs, here is what I found.

1) I get all of my music from Google.cn. I could not use the iPad to stream or download songs.

2) Apparently I could use the iPad download podcasts for free. However I found this needed an active iTunes account. When I tried to sign up for an iTunes account it asked for a credit card number(why? podcasts are supposed to be free). My Agricultural Bank of China debit card was apparently not acceptable...WTF!.

3) From what I can see. The iPad is tied to a single computer running iTunes, so no way of freely getting content apart from photos on or off the thing with another computer. Due to DRM I presume... this is unacceptable.

4) Does not work with Linux. Not that I've found a way to make the iPad work with Open Source OSs.

BTW I do have an Android phone and not an iPhone also because of the above mentioned reasons.

Chinese Android tablets are getting better and better all the time.... they're already quite popular here. Apple better watch out.