• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tablets vs phone what should I get?

what can anyone tell me about the acer liquid E? I have it at a good price and was wondering how it is? does it have android 2.2/2.3? how's the experience and screen?
A good phone for its price. It runs on Android v2.2 (came out originally with v2.1). The phone is close to HTC Desire in terms of features, but the screen is not that good, and the battery performance is low.

Upvote 0
tomorrows my bday! I read the liquid e can't connect o wireless LANs is that true?

hows the acer liquid e vs the ideos x3?
Liquid E has a standard WiFi and can connect to wireless networks.

You should be able to get Ideos X3 with a lower price than Liquid E. The X3 is a simple low/mid range phone, that is new and comes with Android v2.3.

Upvote 0
A good phone for its price. It runs on Android v2.2 (came out originally with v2.1). The phone is close to HTC Desire in terms of features, but the screen is not that good, and the battery performance is low.

yeah just watched a video review and the sound was bad, didn't have android market, camera was awesome but when the battery gets hot that means I'm gonna loose alot of charge, in the review when the phone heated up the guy basically cracked an egg on the it and watched it cook lol.

think I'm gonna go with the huawei ideos x3, ok screen size, android 2.3.3 (I think 2.3.3, might be 2.3 can't remember), over the air android updates, market and it seems pretty good.

just got to wait for a release date in Australia, hopefully it will come out soon. was hoping to get it today because my birthday is tomorrow!

thanks for all your help guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones