Tabtech A816 .. My OpinionsGeneral

1. Mavis Cruet

Mavis Cruet Well-Known Member

I've just bought one of these tablets (pre owned). [​IMG]
    Tabtech A816 now with added Bluetooth - 8" 2.3 Gingerbread - Powerful Android Tablet PC 1.2GHz - Samsung S5PV210 - Compatable with Flash 10.3 - SKYPE free voice calls - BBC iPlayer - Youtube - HDMI output
    At first, I didn't like the resistive screen, as I was used to an HTC Desire, but I bought one of those foam tipped stylus's and that has improved things 100%.
    It's an 8" screen, which is much more manageable than the larger ones, and I got a case from ebay, to add some protection.[​IMG]
    Mine didn't come with any instructions, but judging by comments elsewhere, they're not to comprehensive anyway, and anyone used to an Android phone, shouldn't have too many problems.
    I've just spent a couple of days, setting it up to my liking, and it's handled everything I've thrown at it (except Swype) as the screen resolution is'nt supported.
    Overall, I think it's a good buy, especially as a starter tablet. A few apps don't yet support tablets (Splash ID Safe being one) but hopefully that will change.
    I'm happy to help anyone with setting up if necessary.:)

Advertisement
  2. orejay

orejay New Member

Hi,
    I can't figure out how to get the tablet to recognize a memory card. SD or SDHC, it recognises neither. Pls help. Thanks.
  3. jmaciver

jmaciver New Member

[FONT=&quot]I have bought a tabtech A816 and I'm having problems[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Can you help with any of these[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Music: I have tried uploading songs onto it and have had trouble finding a format that will work on it. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Video: I have tried WMV files, which, at the time, was said should work, but when trying to listen to it said that the tablet did not support this type of file. I have also tried playing videos which I am having problems with as well. Sometimes the sound doesn't work, the imagery won't display or the file type can't be supported even though it has worked once already. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Bluetooth doesn't work either, I try to turn it on and it turns itself off.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]BBC iPlayer doesn't play on the tablet even though it is still advertised as doing so.

Now I'm also having frequent problems with apps: having to be forced to close; just not working and the tablet screen freezing for increasingly longer periods of time. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have tried put a memory card into the tablet and, although the tablet recognizes there is a 16GB T-Flash card in it does not use the memory storage on the card and instead keeps asking me to delete either apps or pictures/videos/audio so that it can download something. [/FONT]
  4. Frielly

Frielly New Member

Hi, my tabtech keeps losing wifi connection for no apparent reason. Any ideas ho this can be resolved?

Thanks