Tactile Feedback for Phone Keypad

Last Updated:

1. warrentotheg

warrentotheg New Member This Topic's Starter

I turned off haptic feedback, but when I dial a number it vibrates with every keypress. This is NOT the keyboard, but the numeric onscreen keypad when making a call. How do I turn this off? Super annoying, makes the phone lag when dialing fast. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. pleonard2000

pleonard2000 New Member

Same issue for me.
    Anyone know a solution?

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Strange, I never noticed it until you two just mentioned it. I searched around the phone, and there does not seem to be any option to turn it off specifically for the dialer.

4. andres76

andres76 New Member

I find it very annoying too. No so much the vibration but especially not being able to dial fast. I don't think there is a way to turn it off. However, if you turn off the touch tones you will notice that although it vibrates, there's not delay in the dialing. Go to Settings>Sound & Display>Audible touch tones and set it to "off". It seems to work for me (Droid Incredible). If there's a way to turn the vibration off please let me know.

5. kiz88

kiz88 Well-Known Member

Same issue here seems to be a software glitch was driving me nuts hopefully it will be addressed in 2.2 im on the Evo though.