Take Back the Beep - EVO Edition :P

Last Updated:

1. thezlog

thezlog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So how do i turn off the voicemail instructions that callers have to sit through every time they get my voicemail?

"After you have finished recording your message..." bla bla bla.

I had it turned off on AT&T so my callers would hear ME tell them i wasn't available, and then a beep. No canned instructions.

I found seemingly outdated instructions for Sprint that dont work (at least on the EVO).

Anyone know where its hidden at on the newer voicemail system?

Advertisement
  2. Tamara24

Tamara24 Member

i set up my voicemail yesterday and i dont get the operator giving instructions. my callers hear me saying to leave a message and then it goes straight to the beep. did you set the voicemail up properly?

thezlog likes this.
  3. thezlog

thezlog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You are completely correct, sir. I thank you.

I just assumed that the instructions were still there since they typically need to be turned off manually.

+1 for you and sprint :)

4. huynhc

huynhc Member

i think you can tell your clients to also press 1 during the voicemail and it will go straight to the beep without hearing how you are not available to answer, balhblahblah. Of course this is only for those that call and get your voicemail alot.

On a side note, theres also a way to dial someone and go straight to voicemail istead of having the persons phone ring (may only work if you are dialing sprint to sprint) but i forgot how and was hoping someone knew??