Take It Back?

Last Updated:

1. milellie111

milellie111 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, i just received my Droid on Friday. The build is a 43/09. I am loving it so far but have noticed the crackling/clipping in the left channel speaker at full volume with headphones. Also, my Droid locked up on me and rebooted randomly maybe once or twice. I set my alarm for 6:40am to get up for work this morning. I woke up at 6:57 and noticed that the alarm never even went off, but it was still set! I made sure that the alarm was working because i set it to 6:59 to test it and make sure it went off and it did. But then, it wouldn't stop, and i didn't give me any options to snooze or dismiss. I even killed the alarm at Advanced Task manager and the noise kept going off. Put the phone on silence all and standby and it kept going off. I had to shut the phone down in order to stop it.

Should i take my phone back for an exchange to Verizon today?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. FireRunner

FireRunner Well-Known Member

If there are any issues the faster you take it back the less hassle you'll get. Don't wait, if there's issues with your phone get it returned for a new phone ASAP.

3. milellie111

Ok, well i exchanged my unit today at the Verizon store. Its a 39/09. Now, the distortion/cracking/clipping on the headphones while listening to pandora is on the right channel instead of the left channel. ugghhh! I can't get a break. Is this something that will be fixed with a software update or do i have another bad phone?

4. Backnblack

Backnblack Well-Known Member

Are you playing it at full volume?

5. milellie111

Yep, it only starts the clipping when i put it on full volume.

6. milellie111

Scratch what i said when it was clipping on the right side. It is actually still the left channel speaker the clipping is occurring on.

7. cc16177

cc16177 Well-Known Member

Hmmm I also had the alarm problem but I just thought I was a heavy sleeper/idiot who:

A) slept through the alarm
    B) couldn't figure out how to set it correctly
    C) couldn't figure out how to turn it off correctly

So I am thankful none of these are true but should I request a new phone as well? I got mine the day it came out and other than this have not had any real problems.

8. tassadar898

tassadar898 Well-Known Member

i have the same issue with my 39/09 except it is on the left and it is only at max volume

9. milellie111

Yes, and i just tested it. It not only does it on Pandora, but on songs that i have transferred from my computer. It is not my headphones because they play loud and clear on my computer.

10. Robobandit

Robobandit Well-Known Member

Perhaps the droid has inadequate power to drive your headphones at full volume, and that results in crackling. Have you used them with a portable device before?

11. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have a 39/09 and have the media volume all the way up. I have a pair of BOSE earbuds and the sound is perfect!