Did you knew this trick?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. HSRBNR

HSRBNR Active Member

:D
    I thought the screen shot feature was skipped on our devices in ICS update. But I came to know it is possible to take screen shots on our phone.

Its simple, just hold Volume down and power button simultaneously for about 2 seconds

For examples see the attachments...

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    m4murali, malayo and JaneSpau like this.
  2. malayo

malayo Active Member

didn't know it had to be 2 seconds
    thanks
  3. imi51amravati

imi51amravati New Member

Thanks
  4. putra83

putra83 New Member

How about note?
  5. pvpatel

pvpatel New Member

Hey dude my mobile has not working in screenshot,i tried more n more
    hold volume down n power button
  6. dk98classic

dk98classic New Member

Thank you! Works for me! Love my Ion. Just wish it had gorilla glass. Scratch proof my a$$.
  7. ramjai2007

ramjai2007 Member

pvpatel, hold the both(Power & Volume down) buttons simultaneously, not one after another. I too had this difficuly b4. Hope this would help
  8. FirebirdStud

FirebirdStud Well-Known Member

Power and volume down are not working for me. ???

I am unable to take a screenshot.
  9. cerfus

cerfus New Member

I have a Samsung I9100 (Galaxy S2) // Android 4.0.4

For that particular device it's the power button and home button for ~1sec

You should see an animation and an icon on the notification area that will take you directly to the screenshot you just took.

Hope this helps.

cerfus
    FirebirdStud likes this.
  10. FirebirdStud

FirebirdStud Well-Known Member

yup, they did change it on us. That was sneaky.
  11. JaneenM

JaneenM Member

Thanks for this! I was going crazy because I upgraded to 4.0.4 and the volume/power button were no longer working. I found you have to hold the power button a certain way - like right in the middle for it to work. Otherwise it brings up the task manager.
  12. kirilfogel

kirilfogel New Member

thanks man
  13. sur728

sur728 New Member

Thank u boss i ws searching for it..............
    thanx alot
  14. shariarkuasa

shariarkuasa New Member

A Complete guide for how to take screenshot on android getandroidstuff.com/how-to-take-screenshot-on-android/
  15. agammal

agammal New Member

Hello, my first time on a forum so I apologize for any incompetence.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE, android version 4.1.2, model number SGH-I727R
    I just updated to this andriod version, and before the update I had no problem holding the home&power key to take a screenshot.
    Now however, I am not able to take a screenshot/screen capture. I have tried holding the home/power key, home/volume down key, and power/volume down key but nothing works. I have tried short and long durations, as well as pressing one button a microseconds before engaging the other button.

I really don't feel like doing a factory reset as I just did one less than a week ago. Any help would be much appreciated, as I have already exhausted most help from reading other threads.

Thanks
  16. niravkhichadiya

niravkhichadiya New Member

Thank You dude, but i have another question about the 4.0.4 recently i have upgrade my system but kernel version are upgraded so give me advise about how to upgrade my whole system