Takes 6+ hours to charge my Ally??Support

Last Updated:

1. tjwilbur

tjwilbur Member This Topic's Starter

Verizon just switched me this week to a refurb Ally from the Eris (after 4 defective handsets)...it takes between 6-8 hours to charge the battery and then with light use it runs back down in 3 hours (by light use, maybe 2 short calls and 4-6 texts). I have checked and it is NOT the 50% signal bug, and I have turned off everything that could be draining the batter that fast.

Is this a normal charge time for this device? I feel like I'm better off going back to a home phone if I have to be tethered to a charger all of the time.

Advertisement
  2. kdimick

kdimick New Member

The only time my battery has ever had issues like that is when I had several applications running. The battery actually went down when it was plugged in. Just make sure you have a task manager and to close all of your apps. If it's still doing that, it looks like you got another defective phone.

3. gndmepyon

gndmepyon Well-Known Member

Defective battery at the least.

4. daisy40

daisy40 Well-Known Member

My phone turns itself on when I plug it in. Is that normal?

5. Outlaw.99

Outlaw.99 Well-Known Member

@Tj - You have something running in background or Socialite is running constantly (is 3g always lit up)... I have seen the cameras get stuck in background also... So you can try a soft reset to make sure camera app closes then charge it once in airplane mode (socialite cant pull on battery)to see how much faster it charges....

@Daisy40 - perfectly normal

ATK (Advanced Task Killer) is a great program to set up and run... I have used it on all 3 of my devices and it keeps memory clear and battery use down... Its free... Just uncheck the ones you want it to not kill and put the instnat kill widget on your screen...

6. daisy40

daisy40 Well-Known Member

Good to hear to hear it is normal for the Ally, as my boyfriend has the HTC Incredible and in order to get a full charge it works best when it is turned off.