• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Takes ages loading pictures into gallery

On my Viewpad 7 I have loaded several thousand images into 6 separate folders.

They are there ok & can be viewed. The problem is that even if I want to view just one folder the Viewpad may go on for 10-15 minutes loading all the images.

This is a terrible waste of time especially if I only want to look in just one folder.

Is there some way or app available that I can discipline the viewer to just look at one folder at a time?

Is the issue because they are in the card rather than the Viewpad itself that it has to 'read' it each time. Although if it is I don't know the point of the card!

Many thanks

Clive

Well I've found QuickPic which is brilliant. It now only loads a folder that I want to look in whereas Gallery loads the lot & after 10 minutes of loading I would just give up.

QuickPic shows me that I so far have 9 folders with a total of 6,000 pictures, which I can now view easily & quickly. I was getting quite depressed with Gallery!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones