• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help takes multiple taps on the screen to select something

msierra519

Android Enthusiast
Mar 9, 2010
I just got my Photon yesterday and i love it! just one problem. sometimes i find myself having to tap the screen to select something a few times before it actually clicks..is anyone else having this issue?

**side note..i did all the updates and my phone is up to date.

There are usually two reasons a properly working screen does not respond. The first is it's busy doing something else. If you have a lot of widgets and apps sync'ing all the time, there can be periods of sluggishness.

The other would be dry fingers. In order for a touch screen to register a touch it must be able to measure the capacitance between the glass and your finger. I know that when the weather turns cold and my hands dry out, sometimes touches will not register.

Upvote 0
I just got my Photon yesterday and i love it! just one problem. sometimes i find myself having to tap the screen to select something a few times before it actually clicks..is anyone else having this issue?

Try this. Whenever you have a weird issue like no text appearing, dead screen taps, apps not launching.... etc.....

Go into Task Killer and kill the market. Then go and try again.

I've got a few annoying behaviors that this seems to fix.

Upvote 0

I've installed CACHE CLEANER+ (by ISNOW)to alleviate overall sluggishness & FAST RE-BOOT PRO(by GREAT BYTES)to eliminate the occasional unresponsiveness.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones