Taking a chanceGeneral

Last Updated:

1. dsb18

dsb18 Member This Topic's Starter

Just pre ordered one of theses in Uk, always had HTC phones and have a legend at the moment but I like tough products I have a Sonim and the thought of all the great things about Android being in a phone that you can have in your pocket and not worry about was too great to miss. Motorola's are not as popular in UK as other manufacturers and I haven't owned one since the Razor V3 so I a little apprehensive about it but still excited about it coming, has any one had experience with going from HTC to Motorola (not just Defy), any negatives.

Advertisement
  2. telemike

telemike Well-Known Member

Thinking about one of these around Christmas when my AT&T comtract ends. If t-Mo has these for $99.99 that is right in my budget and the IP67 specs are very attractive. I wish you could install Sense on this instead of Blur but oh well.....

3. MIKEEEEE

MIKEEEEE Member

@telemike.

after 2 weeks with my new defy, i love it.

it's like a high quality swiss army knife.

great signal grabber.

fast operator.

good camera.

great vehicle centric phone.

does everything good.

the ringer is twice as loud as a g-2 and the alarm will wake you up.

GPS is spot on.

i could go on for hours but, i think you get it.

guess i'm a fanboy.

4. bfready

bfready Active Member

Battery life is pretty good too. It has a battery manager which will lower your display brightness, cut off data after idle if it's past a certain time at night.

If you think Motoblur is too sluggish, you can always install a 3rd party launcher like Launcher Pro or ADW. Launcher Pro works on awesome. Very fluid when scrolling and swiping screens.

5. jamle

jamle Member

Im in a similar boat, i JUST got off the phone to t-mobile got a brilliant deal,

6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I agree, its a solid little phone, even though it doesn't weigh much at all. It does get better reception on T-Mo than my Nokia N900, and Moto Q (no T-Mo 3G bands, only Edge) but it could use a slightly larger antenna for WiFi and cellular to be "perfect". Again, due to its light weight, I was worried about call volume...not a concern at all. Aside from lack of keyboard (just wanted a phone that had AT&T and T-Mo 3G support, and I'm partial to Motorola) I just wish there was a way to tether to my portable router. My Motorola Q had "Internet Connection Sharing" app pre-installled. I guess I'll have to wait for an app for that.

It took a while to get used to the small size, and it always felt like that proverbial, "don't drop the soap in the shower!" scenario, but I'm getting a hang of it. Haven't dropped it yet, and the screen has been in my pocket with keys a few times....no scratches (knock wood).

The Defy is definitely a sleeper. An extended battery would be awesome, but I don't see much aftermarket support ever happening.

7. Awg454

Awg454 Member

Had mine a week now,very good phone,hangs on to signal better than my previous iPhone 4 and the blackberry torch 9800,also nice not having to have a case,very pleased with it.

8. connectandroid

connectandroid Well-Known Member

nice battery life is a big factor for me, been thinking of either defy of samsung galaxy s still can't decide yet.