Taking A Picture For Wall Paper What Am I Doing Wrong??General

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

Why is it When I take a picture with the phone camera it wont put the picture up as wall paper in its original size format. It blows it up really big or wants me to re size it what am I doing wrong. All I want is the picture to look like I took it on the home screen.

Advertisement
  2. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Just put the resize box over as much of the picture as you can. It should be pretty similar.

3. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Not even close. I'm having the same problem. The max size of the forced crop is like 1/3 of the pic, and even that is not what you get. You get a tiny portion of the area you cropped zoomed WAY in. You're looking at like 10% of the original photo. Something is weird here.

4. Scincidae

Scincidae Active Member

Resizing it should work but you could try taking a picture with a lower mega-pixel so that the image isn't so huge.

5. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

GO to your camera app. Drag your tool bar out. Select the settings option (gears) change resolution to one of the smaller size settings (m1 should work well) take a picture and retry making it your wally.

6. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Does your crop screen not look something like this?

[​IMG]

7. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Already done this. It doesn't change the behavior of setting the wallpaper at all.

Edit: NM, I must have been too drunk last night or something, I'm getting acceptable results now.

8. paynomind

paynomind Active Member

OK... I'm not drunk at all and i'm having the same issue. WTH. Why do I need to crop it? just make it the wallpaper. I dont get it.

9. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it just can't handle scaling the desktop image down much so it makes you crop it to a size closer to the actual screen resolution.

The area you crop is wider than one screen too, so keep that in mind (you see it slide a little to either side as you move left and right on your home screens).

10. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

Could you crop out the infinity g35 and put that sweet Oldsmobile to the left and apply that bad ass car as your background.

;)

11. neverender

neverender Active Member

No. The car would take up the whole screen and the largest I could crop would be one tire and it would be worthless.