Taking apart Acer Liquid E

Last Updated:

1. erixon

erixon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know if there are any instructions on taking these apart? I can probably figure it out, I used to work at a cell shop fixing a lot of phones and stuff, but it's always way easier when you can just watch a tutorial on how to do it. I bought my girlfriend one, it's a bit scratched up and might buy a new display and maybe housing on ebay. Also, is the Acer Liquid A1 or whatever pretty much the same phone? I just want to know for purchasing a display. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Should work. They are basically the same phone with the E having twice the ram and 2.1 out of the box.

Here is (kinda) a guide on replacing the LCD- Replacing the LCD - Android @ MoDaCo

3. stb71

stb71 Member

Anyone know where to get more screen covers?

4. Stan_Ice

Stan_Ice Member

Errmm. I got a Liquid E, Thai version, a week ago. I'm really scared of taking off the battery cover. When I try it it looks like three points of the lid are off but the last one is just going to snap. At this point I back down. Am I doing something wrong?

If I break even a bit of that plastic I'm in for a long trip to the service center and a couple of weeks of wait.

Just how does that back cover work? There are no moveable parts as far as I can see, just brute force.

Once the phone reported sudden unmount of the CD card.

I would think inserting it again, properly, should do the trick, but it's impossible without taking the back cover off.

How do you do it, guys?

5. HustlinDaily

6. Stan_Ice

Stan_Ice Member

Still no luck, I can lift that corner where the indentation is, I can run the nail across the top and hear a click, I can also run the nail down along the side, past the power button, and also get a couple of clicks but the bottom right corner, if you look at the phone's back, just wouldn't budge.

Should I increase force until there's the last click at the bottom right corner, or do I completely misunderstand the whole business of pulling out half and then another half?

The SD card is working, btw, but I still need to know how to open my phone.

7. HustlinDaily

Don't run your nail down the power button, run it across the phone towards the volume rocker side. Take out the entire top side then just pull it out.

8. Stan_Ice

Stan_Ice Member

Success!

There was a click just as I passed the camera, I didn't dare to push that far before, it looked solid.

Boy, these things are hard and expensive!