Taking my Hero back for exchange.

Last Updated:

1. kf9vh

kf9vh Member This Topic's Starter

Life is too short to put up with this pos. The lag from the slow processor is simply unacceptable, the touch screen is not reactive and the battery life is poor.

I don't know why anyone would put up with this phone.

Advertisement
  2. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Really. My Hero is quite snappy (_very_ snappy after the 2.1 update), battery lasts for 2 days (somewhat less if used heavily - GPS, games, etc.) and the touch screen works very well (sometimes too well, it registers my fingers hanging too close to the screen).

Either you have a broken unit, or you installed crappy applications which slow the phone down and prevent it from sleeping when you're not using it.

3. booklady

booklady Active Member

Did you get the 2.1 update or are you still running 1.5? My Hero now sucks after the update.

4. benparsons

benparsons Member

What's wrong with your phone after the update?

5. booklady

booklady Active Member

Major dialer lag, bluetooth won't stay connected to my SYNC system in my Mariner (this morning wouldn't even connect) and I frequently get error messages when I browse Internet sites.

The BT connection seemed ok for awhile, but the other day I had to turn my phone off and back on, and now there are major problems again.

I contacted Sprint and they said they weren't aware of these issues (um, sure) and all they could do at this point is send me a refurbished phone.

6. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

I thought we were discussing GSM Heroes here. I heard that 2.1 for CDMA Heroes did not go so well, but yesterday's GSM 2.1 update is working like a charm.

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Guys, please be aware that this is the GSM forum (phone on the right). If you're using the phone on the left, you need this forum.

[​IMG]