1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Taking my VZ S3 to europeSupport

1. javamann

javamann Well-Known Member

Going to Europe in September (France & England) and would like to use my S3 there. Anyone out there know how to go about using my non-rooted phone? Perhaps with a different Sim card; does that require permission from verizon? I'm starting from a position of knowing absolutely nothing so any info and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JM

Advertisement
    :
  2. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

The way your phone is right now you can use it for telephone calls and with wifi, The data service is not available. If you use S3 with current sim for calls then you can call Verizon and ask them about an international plan just for the time you are in Europe.

If you decide to get another sim from someone in Europe that would probably be cheaper but I cannot help you with that. If noone else responds with info I would suggest Googling about "sim for S3"
    javamann likes this.
  3. javamann

javamann Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused: what do WIFI and data service have in common and where do they differ? For example, can I access Google Play and download stuff on WIFI; can I send text msgs using WIFI?

JM
  4. neil154

neil154 Well-Known Member

If you have access to wifi you can still get to the internet and do anything that you normally do. You can prove that to yourself if you put your phone in airplane mode and then turn on wifi.
    javamann likes this.