Taking picture of homescreen without any programsSupport

1. dye999

dye999 New Member

This werid thing happened to me one day in which everytime I pushed the hold button it would flash and take a pic of my home screen. It wasn't intended and I couldn't return it to normal function so I restarted the phone. I thought this was a normal ability of andriod phones given that all the Apple products could do it. When I wanted to actually take a pic of my homescreen I googled it and found that you needed a program called Sdk? So what happened , how come I was able to do this without any program? I got htc sensation 4g

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

It's a newly acquired feature "for the Sensation", following the most recent OS update.
  3. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

This is correct. You can now take pics by pressing power + home button. However, I've also had it glitch up on me and take a screen shot when I press home to get out of an app.
  4. hompsar

hompsar Member

The glitch is with every stock Sensation with the new update. My gf encountered that problem last night. As I have installed a custom rom on my Sensation I had to play around and figure out the bug. Hopefully an update will be available soon for you guys (or you could just install a custom rom).
  5. 03machme

03machme Well-Known Member

sweet! mine was taking one every time i hit the home button a couple days ago and once i got it to stop i couldnt get it to do it again and was wondering how it did it. was actually going to post a thread today about it lol
  6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Not all Sensations are experiencing this issue.
  7. yaoboys

yaoboys New Member

Just realized if u have a d3os band to protect Ur phone it might b pushing Ur power button down also so just adjust it a little and should work
  8. deez1977

deez1977 Member

Like a lot of others, I was almost offended by the comments in a few of the other threads in this forums on this issue, as I know without question that I wasn't pressing the power button & know the case wasn't either.

Although I consider myself a fairly advanced user, I REALLY like androidforums.com specifically because people are courteous & helpful to each other, even to beginners, which isn't the case on other forums that i'll leave nameless.

In any event, I have noticed that my home button usually resumes its normal function if i press the power button (short presses) on & off 3 or 4 times, which is a lot easier/quicker than rebooting.

Hope this helps others & again very politely ask that we all keep androidforums.com the polite & helpful forum where even noobs will be comfortable asking questions. ;)
    MooseJaw likes this.
  9. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I wonder when apple is going to sue over this?
  10. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member

Sue over what?
  11. lucas.childers

lucas.childers Well-Known Member

They won't, but on iOS devices you press lock+home and it takes a screen shot. They have very detailed terms with this stuff.