taking the plunge to the droid x

Last Updated:

1. jxker

jxker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

going to the verizon store right now, it's not that i am unhappy with my droid (it runs great bbv.5 slayers 1.1gz) its an "I gotta have it" thing...thank god i now have 4 lines so they all have staggered updates for when i have to get the "newest and best" next month!

Advertisement
  2. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

you will never be happy... ;)

(JK)

3. djkeller3

djkeller3 Well-Known Member

I've gone back and forth on this... actually went in to Verizon and tried upgrading 2 months earlier than my *early upgrade* would allow... the Droid X is a great phone to be sure... but knowing that Droid Terminator and the HTC *Evo for Verizon* are around the corner - and that I can't upgrade early anyway until December - I'm content to wait for now. It would be nice to have those extra lines with staggered upgrades though!

4. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

DON'T DO IT! please, i beg of you! For the love of god don't do it.

Now that the dramatics are over. I don't think you should do it.wait for for the 1.3 ghz superphone. Thats going to be a good phone. On second thought, get the droid x just so you have a gigantic phone. Then the next upgrade for the superphone.

5. jxker

got the x!!! it is, well, different. I had my original set the way I liked it but man oh man, this sucker flies, and keeping the droid one anyways so off i go to the x forum and learn about my phone

6. JonnyK429

JonnyK429 Member

So do you have the extra lines for the main purpose of fast upgrades? If so, do selling the phones cover the complete cost of maintaining additional lines?

Might actually to something to consider... but have to also remember the 1-year contract option. I'm happy enough with a new phone each year, but maybe having two lines at 2-year contracts staggered would be a better deal (plus have two #'s)

7. jxker

i have a family plan, my girl and my sister, i use the upgrades and pass my phones down but i also pay for the bill

8. DDG

DDG Well-Known Member

The X is wicked fast and a neat phone. I just can't get over the size. Too big for anything but cargo pants/shorts pockets. I guess I'm not used to having something that big in my pocket :eek:

Amazing how much lighter it is than the D1.